Domestic Violence: Referral Services
For Counselling / support / access to community services
Northern Domestic Violence Service Inc.
- Provides information, crisis counselling and accomodation.
- ( 8255 3622
- Link to Further
information on this new service.
Northern Metropolitan Community Health Service
- Provide domestic violence support groups
- Run mens groups for perpetrators of domestic violence
- Phone between 1pm to 3 pm on weekdays to talk with a counsellor who will then arrange an
appointment, often within a day or two if necessary.
||Elizabeth 8282 1206
||Munno Para 8254 1444
||Northern Womens 8252 3711
||Tea Tree Gully 8263 1155
||Ingle Farm 8396 1345
||Salisbury West 8281 7644
Domestic Violence Outreach Service (DVOS)
- Provides telephone counselling services and specifically discusses womens needs
and provides appropriate referral as indicated.
- Weekdays from 9.00a.m. - 5.00p.m.
- ( 8267 4830
Where there is an immediate risk to safety
Police : Will assist by
- Stopping immediate violence
- Arresting and charging the abuser with criminal or sexual assault
- Arranging an application for a Summary Protection Order (Restraining order)
- Contacting crisis care to assist the woman
Elizabeth Police Domestic Violence Unit
The S.A. Police Department has established a Unit to cover domestic violence in the
northern and north eastern areas. Its officers are specially trained to provide
assistance, intervention and referral advice to parties involved in a domestic dispute.
( 8207 9473
For practical assistance in order to leave
1. Domestic Violence Outreach Service (DVOS)
- Operates weekdays 9 to 5 pm
- Provides telephone counselling services
- Specifically discusses womens needs and provides appropriate referral as indicated
- Will assist women and their children to leave by arranging accommodation, police
- Provide counsellors weekdays from 9.00a.m. - 5.00p.m.
- ( 8267 4830
2. Family and Community services
- Provides community support workers to assist women to leave a violent situation
- Emergency financial assistance is accessible (for transport costs, some white goods,
emergency accommodation costs etc)
- Social workers are also available to discuss options and other matters connected with
the home situation
3. Crisis Care offers these services after hours
- Crisis Care : Provide Counsellors after hours and on weekends.
- They will talk to you and your partner either separately or together immediately after
the violence has happened and discuss options. They can visit your home in some
- ( 13 1611