Here are useful sites that cover some fundamental topics in medicine. Most of these are Australian authored unless otherwise indicated. Many are well-referenced and contain links to other popular sites.
- EMBasic – Targeted at medical students and junior EM doctor (USA)
- OnTheWards – Articles and podcast targeted at junior hospital doctors. Moderated by an Emergency Physician but broad contribution by hospital registrars.
- The Chief Complaint – Uses simple algorithmic approaches to undifferentiated problems (CC app is free)
- EMRA – Basics of Emergency Medicine
- FOAM4GP – GP-based site
- Don’t Forget the Bubbles – Paeds EM site and now regular contributor to Emergency Medicine Australasia
- Life in the Fast Lane – The original #FOAMed site. Founded by the inexhaustible Mike Cadogan, it now has a large faculty of regular contributors. Comprehensive and rapidly expanding. It is the standard by which other sites measure their Impact Factor. Warning – some topics are highly advanced